Application: Pyrotechnic 烟花制造
Organization: China National Key Laboratory for Pyrotechnic Testing
Background:The Chinese pyrotechnics export market holds very high growth potential. However, since 2003 the Chinese fireworks industry has faced intense global scrutiny following a series of explosions in fireworks factories. This has led to the introduction of strict health and safety regulations on a governmental and international scale.
About the Customer: Situated in Hunan province this official body plays a key role in defining national safety standards in manufacture, acceptance checks, sales, transportation and storage of fireworks.
Key Customer Challenges:
· International safety specifications, such as the Health and Safety Executive of the European Commission require constant data monitoring fireworks production, storage and transportation.
· A trusted reporting system producing current and historical data was needed to restore the name of the Chinese pyrotechnics industry both at home and abroad.
· Pyrotechnic working environments function in volatile conditions. To ensure safe working procedures a system for data collection must be able to stand alone and record data automatically at high temperatures.
DaqPRO 5300 Implementation:
In order to test the pyrotechnic materials under different storage and working conditions, a number of heat flux sensors and type T thermocouple sensor are connected to the DaqPRO. The heat flux and temperature are measured in sync. The DaqPRO allows on-screen editing so comments can be made next to collected data. Reports are then printed for the various governing bodies and to accompany export.
· Satisfying international safety regulations – Producing quality inspection reports, with annotated comments by data display indicating official recommendations.
· Stand alone in extreme testing conditions – allowing for the measurement of very high temperatures of up to 400 ˚C via the type T thermocouple sensor. In addition, heat flux sensors can be kept at least one meter from the pyrotechnical material.
· Establish safety parameters – verifying at what point the fireworks combust so that the safety levels of the pyrotechnical materials could be verified while stored on supermarket shelves or in shipment.