Application: Voltage measurement at fast sampling rates
Organization: School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, China
When measuring voltage or related signals it is sometimes necessary to run the data logger at very fast sampling rates in a short period of time. This ensures sufficient data is collected for analysis and as a result, correct conclusions can be reached.
About the Customer:
Tianjin University was founded in 1895 as Peiyang University. Tianjin University (TU) is the first modern university in China. As the pioneer of modern higher education in China, TU has been committed to the mission of revitalizing China through education ever since its foundation.
TU's School of Chemical Engineering and Technology (SCET) is renowned both domestically and globally for its comprehensive scope of subject matter and high standards in academics and research.
Key Customer Challenges:
· SCET needed to conduct research on graphite pipes, and specifically, to measure temperature, pressure, vibration, and heat transfer.
· Fast sampling rates were needed in order to collect a statistically representative data set, resulting in reliable and efficient research
· The solution must be provided by a compact, accurate, multi-channel data logger running from battery power
· 12 DaqPRO units were used to measure the following parameters of a graphite pipe, using external sensors:
· Temperature: 3 DaqPRO units, each configured to measure 0-50 mV input at 200 Hz sampling rate.
· Heat flux: 3 DaqPRO units, each configured to measure 0-50 mV input at 200 Hz sampling rate.
· Vibration: 3 DaqPRO units, each configured to measure 0-50 mV input at 100 Hz sampling rate.
· Pressure: 3 DaqPRO units, each configured to measure 0-50 mV input at 100 Hz sampling rate.
· Data analysis on the measured results was performed using the DaqLab software
· The DaqPRO was also selected due to its ability to be operated as a battery-powered, handheld device.
· Cost-effective, accurate solution compared to competitor devices
· Ease-of-use due to handheld form factor and intuitive interface
· Using the powerful yet user-friendly DaqLab software, the team at Tianjin University were able to perform various analysis tasks including outputting the research data to Excel for more comprehensive analysis leading to rapid and reliable conclusions